Earth to WarmFuzzies, Do You Copy?

Warm Fuzzies has been out of commission for way too long. So, where has Warm Fuzzies been?!?! Here's a wrap-up of 2013:

To start, hubby S and myself have been working on the house we bought in 2012.  As many homeowners very well know, you buy a lovely house, and then you move in and everything seems to break! So, we have been fixing yard geysers from pipes, knocking down walls to create large spaces, replacing a water heater, the list goes on. A lot longer than you want to hear.  I'll be sure to write about really "fun" projects in the near future, as they sometime become the vein of my existence.  But, rest assured, I love working on the house and the pride that comes from finishing a good-looking project!


Oh, and did I mention that S and I got married last year?! Yep. Planning the wedding was enough to drive me crazy. I love decorating and making things pretty (thanks, Pinterest!), but seriously, I was about to pull my hair out! But that's over with. :-)  Then, we went on a beautiful 7-day cruise in the Caribbean, so we were gone practically half of May from work and things.  It was awesome. Relaxing in a beach chair...oh, that sounds so nice.


...and then there was summer.  We bought a catamaran with our brother and sister-in-law, so we were spiffing that up! It's a rad Hobie from the 1970's.  Rust orange trampoline and all.  Utterly fantastic! So, we have been visiting the family cabin, and sailing the frigid Minnesota seas (fine fine fine, LAKES) and learning how to have a crazy time with that.  It may not be super nice (yet) but it's an exhilarating and serene way to get out on the water.  You can't say no to that.


Then, fall came.  Long story short, I left my job working in a Therapeutic Recreation dept to work in an elementary school working in the Special Ed dept.  Lots of new things to learn, but I love it.  Schools are a fascinating and rewarding place to work! I'm still deciding what exactly I want to get a Master's degree in (between 2 different things).  S is still working at the same place, as a software engineer. He loves it. (Sorry, no pictures of work stuff....there's nothing to take pictures of!)

We also decided to start fostering dogs through the Golden Retriever rescue in the area.  Fun! We fostered 2 dogs, and then decided that it was time to have a dog permanently in our life.  So, we adopted our little puppy, Sadie, a Golden Retriever as well.  So, we've been watching her grow.  And, I have been sewing up all sorts of goodies for her, so I've been a little busy with projects other than the Warm Fuzzies!  Trust me, you'll hear a ton about her.  She is such a hoot, and we love her to pieces!


Summer and Fall brought many fun camping trips around Minnesota as well.  We camped at Gooseberry Falls State Park north of Duluth for a weekend with our friends N and M, and then we took a trip just the two of us up to Split Rock Lighthouse State Park, even farther up the North Shore. BEAUTIFUL country up there. The turning of colors, collecting and eating fresh raspberries on the trail, the lake, the trails, it's something I can't write into words, because I can't do it justice.  After the two North Shore trips, we took a fall camping adventure to one near Rochester, MN in the bluffs with N, M, A, and A, their parents, and all of our dogs (4).  Such a fun time.


Add in all the holidays and such, and the year was PACKED.  Uff-da!  (Come on, I have to embrace my inner Minnesotan!)

Cue 2014.  Warm Fuzzies made its annual appearance at a small craft show in the area, and they were a hit! I have been busy making special orders as well from people who came to the show.  So, Warm Fuzzies is at it again!  The weather up here is insane, too, so the mittens and things have been needed so much longer than other years.  Woo hoo for Polar Vortexes.  NOT.  So, I'm hoping that regardless of this ridiculous weather, my mitten-wearers out there are staying warm (or at least thawed)!  Here's to another year of insane amounts of fun, wisdom, and love!

Comments

Popular Posts