Thrifty Finds, Post #1

Hey, Everyone!


I thought I would include a new portion to my blog, since I seem to invest much of my time and savings into here.  What is this, you ask? If you guessed Target, Cub Foods, or The Home Depot, you are also right, but my main focus on these posts will be about Goodwill (and possibly another thrift store here and there).


Before the thrifting addiction began- our original couches, some thrifted pillow covers and some knick-knacks.

We all know this fact to be true: money doesn't grow on trees.  We also know this to be true: we all want a house that accurately portrays our visions on our Pinterest idea boards. Being a younger person with many bills to pay, running out and throwing money at things is easier said than done.  So, therein lies the problem: how does one make their house look utterly fabulous while working with a miniscule budget?


Sadie loving our updated (thrifted) living room! Everything but the frames on the walls were thrifted. LOVE.
Goodwill.


Lots of garage sale/swap & shop/Craigslist finds here!

I have found 2 fantastic little treasure coves near my house- the local Goodwill and a smaller thrift shop near my home.  These two places are not terribly busy, have very reasonable prices, and let's be real- people who are very well off donate their treasures here.  These two stores are in a very nice place in town, which is convenient for both parties- the donator and the thrifter.  The donator drives only a mile or two to drop off their "junk", and the thrifter gets two stores to pick their "treasures" from! Needless to say, I pick up some things I would never dream of picking up.


Local swap and shop sites make for some fun finds- loving these Pottery Barn Curtains!

I meant to post this way back in 2015, since I've been aggressively thrifting for some time now.  But, sickness/health, better/worse, life's a beautiful ride and this blog hasn't been paid attention to.  However, here it is, well-written or not!


With a little help from thrifting, I was able to change up the bedroom- this is our winter bedroom look!

The brands I find while out on the "hunt" are higher-end, and for low-budget.  Brands I tend to look for: Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, Restoration Hardware, misc high end home improvement supplies, Anthro, and misc clothing brands.  Sometime's it's a monsoon, sometimes it's a drought but I'm really happy with what I've been able to bring home to my humbly thrifted abode. :)


Where do you shop for your fabulous thrifted finds?  I'd love to know- I'm always looking for a new source!


Embarrassed to say this, but the cat tower wasn't the only thing in this picture that was in the "free" section of Craigslist... (he and his sister Allie are the best finds yet, we love them to pieces!)

Comments

Popular Posts